Friday, March 09, 2007

It's Illegal... but what is it?

This week, I have dedicated my page to addressing what I see as the largest threat to the future of our country. I make no qualms about my feelings on this issue, and I am hopeful that by revealing some of my own experiences, I can sway you, the reader, into contacting your Senators, your Representatives, and let them know how you feel about the way they are handling this problem.
Today, I am going to take some very simple definitions from the dictionary, then, I will ask you a simple question that you must answer for yourself...

Immigrate: to enter and usually become established; especially : to come into a country of which one is not a native for permanent residence

Invade: 1: to enter for conquest or plunder
2: to encroach upon : infringe
3 a: to spread over or into as if invading : permeate
b: to affect injuriously and progressively

Infringe: to encroach upon in a way that violates law or the rights of another

Think about these terms, and answer for yourself one question...

Is the United States having a large influx of illegal immigrants? or are we being invaded? Tomorrow, I'll provide my answer...

1 comment:

Carol Noble said...

I would ask what is an illegal immigrant? There are various types of immigrants; refugees - people who are forced to leave their homeland for one reason or another; asylum seeker - someone who has been forced out of their homeland but is also in danger of being killed if they stay; economic migrant - someone who desires to have a better lifestyle, is safe enough in their country, but wants to better themselves so goes to another country;

All of these people can gain access to a different country if they want to, but some are not prepared to go through the long haul of red tape, some feel they are so in danger of their lives that they can't afford the time to enter another country legally, some just can't be bothered to go through the rigmarole and if they have been encouraged to believe the new country will let them in regardless they go in anyway.

The last type are the only ones I have no sympathy for. The rest are welcome in my homeland. Trouble is, my government cares more about other countries' peopel than its own. There have to be limits otherwise no one benefits, not even the illegals, who because they have no loyalty to the country they illegally entered will quickly move on somewhere else to find easy pickings and an even easier lifestyle.