Thursday, March 01, 2007

Tis a long road we take

I have to ask your forgiveness for not writing for so long. Between the work and the wife, the children and the schools, it has been a long, long week. But I have learned many things....

- I learned for example that consecutive 20 hour days on 1.5 hours sleep is something that 20 year olds do... not 40 year olds....

- I learned that my dog has figured out how to fetch the wrong things....

- I learned that my wife has given up fetching things for me (drat nab it!!!)...

- My wife really DOES cook a lot better than my macaroni and cheese dinners...

- Peanut butter sandwiches have nothing on Tecumseh North and Berryton Elementary lunch menus...

- The word “crap” does not always go well in response to your teacher asking about the 4th amendment.... (don't believe me? Just ask my daughter!)

- No sweetheart, the 2nd amendment does not give you the right to wear tank tops... it's "bear" arms, not "bare" arms...

- The Circus is still as much fun now as it was when I was a kid...

- Speaking fluent Spanish is worth it when you hear someone tell you “no speak English”...

- Speaking fluent Spanish is not worth it when your wife starts rattling it off at you in a loud tone of voice... (I swear honey, I really didn't remember....!)

- The new social security office is much easier to get to... if you can ever find it... and you have a car...

- Every time you trust a politician... you figure out quickly why you shouldn't have...

- Ditto for lawyers

- Don't argue with the nurse until AFTER you get the blood drawn...

- Don't you wish you were back in high school? in journalism class? um... not really.

You can email Alan at alan@alanfernald.com twenty-four hours a day.

No comments: