Thursday, March 22, 2007

Opinions are Free

In the first amendment to the US Constitution, we are provided four basic rights that we, in the US, take for granted. We are granted freedom from government meddling in religion, we are granted the right to say or write pretty much what we want, we are granted the right to assemble peaceably, and we are given the right to petition the government for a resolution of our complaints.

Every time I drive down California Avenue, I am reminded by the owner of the Family Nutrition store just how precious the gift of free speech truly is. I would assume that this owner believes that the President is a liar as the sign outside the store constantly displays messages on this topic.

After passing this sign numerous times, reading a constant variation on this theme, I realized that this sign was an emblem of freedom.

Where else, could a person consistently and constantly question the moral and ethical values of our President, without having a government agent coming to tell them to take the sign down, throw them in jail, or simply make them ‘disappear’?

Though this message would have been better if it were announced several years ago, I am glad that this honorable citizen has finally decided to stand up and denounce these lies.

I too wish to join this person in denouncing President Bill Clinton for his lies and betrayal of trust to the American people. I am glad you lost your law license for the perjury you committed in an effort to hide your personal betrayal of your committed wife, Hillary.

Fortunately, I am proud to state that we now have an honest President. The Honorable President George W. Bush has been wrong (ain’t that an understatement), but, at least he never intentionally lied, especially under oath, to the American people as President Clinton did.

So I want to say a simple, “Thank you!” to the owner of the Family Nutrition Store for showing me the power of free speech!

God Bless You!

No comments: