Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A Short Essay on Nancy Boyda

We are now a little more than four months into the 2007 Congressional Session, and I am hopefully optimistic as to how Nancy Boyda is handling her new career as a lawmaker. I don’t agree with everything that she has done. But so far, I would have to say that she has done an honorable job. I am grateful that our newest US Legislator has taken some of the stands that she has. She has stood for her values to end the war, while not taking the drastic steps of withdrawing support for our troops.

She has also joined in with other Congressmen asking President Bush to stop promoting Amnesty for those who have violated our laws by entering our country illegally.

So far, I believe that she has aptly represented the middle of the road views of her constituents, and if she stays the course, I am optimistic about her return for future terms.

As long as she stays truthful and honest with the public and with her constituency, I will lend her my vote. If she turns politician, I will turn my vote around.

No comments: