Thursday, May 24, 2007

We are now officially BIGOTS!!!

Senator Lindsay Graham has now said on the floor of the US Senate, that anyone who wants to enforce our laws, is a bigot. Head of the Department of Homeland Security Chertoff was just as glowing in his compliments as he claimed that all who opposed the current amnesty bill wanted “Capital Punishment” for illegal aliens. I have grown accustomed to people who support this class of criminals to become insulting, and calling me a racist and many other pejoratives. However, I didn’t realize that my bigotry would ever become official.
Let me explain just WHY I am so bigoted against aliens illegally in our country… it boils down to, they broke the law. They are criminals.
When I went through the immigration process, I did it the legal way. Why did I put my entire family through such suffering as this bureaucratic process? Because I believe, like most Americans, in doing things the right and legal way.
How much easier (and cheaper) it would have been to break the law and bring my wife and step-daughter into the country illegally. But no, now I am called a bigot by Senator Lindsay Graham, Republican Senator from South Carolina, because I do believe that we are in a country of law.
If you want to call me a bigot, a racist, or in the words of one person “anti-Mexican”, feel free, because we all know that to be false. I detest criminals. I have no sympathy or empathy for them. I believe in crime & punishment, and I do not believe in amnesty.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Here! Here! Alan. Now that wasn't so terrible. The political title kind of made the lady shudder! Looking forward to reading more of you. Thanks for sharing.

BTW - I agree that ALL immigrants should follow due process if they want to become a citizen of the US.

~smile~

fangers said...

Thank you, I try to be nice (usually)