Friday, February 23, 2007

It's a Secret!

I love my Chiefs! Whether they win or lose, I love to yell and scream with them (or at them).

However, I have a secret!
I love the Royals too....

Every year, I start out the same way. I'm sure that this is the Royals year. I'm sure that this year, we'll get the pitching of Bret Saberhagen and the bat of George Brett, the fielding of Hal McRae or the speed of Willie Wilson and we'll show the rest of the league just who the Royals are (were?)!

Unfortunately, by the time we get 30 games into the season, I have gotten into the habit of trying to figure out just what combination of shoes, socks, hat and shirt I need to put on to bring my team good luck.

It's now spring training, and once again, I am optimistic. This year is the year! We WILL win! But I do admit that my expectations have been lowered significantly. For now, rather than getting to the World Series, or even getting to the playoffs, please, please, please, I beg of you.... Please win half of your games. Even winning 63 games would make me happy!

Don't be the worst team in baseball this year (or even the second worst). Please?

No comments: