Thursday, February 15, 2007

The things that children say!

I was at my daughter's school delivering some birthday banana cream pie, and found her in the middle of a current events period. When I asked, her teacher permitted me to sit in for a few minutes.

The students had obviously just seen a CNN news report via Internet, and were answering the CNN “Ten Questions” about the news report. On one of the questions, they were discussing President Bush's response to a series of questions, one of the sixth grade students made a very poignant series of comments that went something like this:
Q: How did Mr. Bush respond to these concerns?

A: He started to raise his voice because they (the media) kept asking the same question over and over again.

Q: Why do you think they kept asking the same question over and over?

A: I don't think they were listening, they were doing just like this class does!

It amused me to hear a sixth grade student comparing the White House Press Corp to his sixth grade classroom.

No comments: